Managing SaaS Application Databases with Elastic Jobs: SQL Agent and More for Azure SQL Database, presented by Deborah Dove
- Essentially, "Elastic Jobs" is SQL Agent for Azure SQL. She also talks about "Elastic Query", which allows you to run queries on all of your databases, or a specific subset of them.
Azure Data Services: Spotlight on Azure SQL Database, presented by Debora Dove
- I think that this is a good introduction to Azure SQL and it covers Elastic Pools. I'm sure that I learned a few things. One thing that bothers ms is the low query/minute ceilings for the various offerings.
Design Patterns for SaaS Applications with Azure SQL Database, presented by Bill Gibson
- If you are going multi-tenant, sharding and employing Elastic Pools seems to be the only sane choice.
- "Most of our customers are compute-bound, not storage-bound."
- There are various clever things you can do with pools and tagging.