Here are the learning opportunities that I took advantage of last week.
Due to my interest in and use of DbaChecks
, I need to get a better handle on PowerBI:
- Introduction to Power BI Desktop with Dustin Ryan on YouTube
PowerBI seems to be the only reasonable way to visualize the results of the tens of thousands of tests I'm running.
I could not resist watching a several things from the PowerShell + DevOps Global Summit 2018. The following are all from the Global Summit:
- Beyond Syntax: Pester Testing with Dave Wyatt on YouTube
- Keynote: State of the Community with Don Jones on YouTube
- PowerShell 2018: State of the Art with Jeffrey Snover on YouTube
- A Historical Architectural Tour of PowerShell with Bruce Payette on YouTube
- Become a PowerShell Debugging Ninja with Kirk Munro on YouTube
I don't usually listen to things like keynotes, but I find that Don Jones and Jeff Snover always have something valuable to share.
I am surprised with the renaming of PowerShell Core to PowerShell. I am sure that won't be confusing to casual scripters. /s
If you'd like to keep tabs on what I am watching more closely, you can head over to the official Ashdar Partners twitter feed
. I am not big on chitchat. It's mainly YouTube sharing what I watch and (what I hope are mostly) quality retweets.