Here in southeastern Pennsylvania, another Snowpocalypse petered out this week (7 to 13 inches of snow turned out to be 2 to 3 inches of slush) and I took advantage of the following learning opportunities:
- Performance Troubleshooting made easier New features in Management Studio by That DBAGuy on YouTube
- PowerShell and KeePass - A poor person's credential database with Christian Lehrer on YouTube
- Advanced Components in SSIS MS SQL Server Integration Services 2016 with Tim Mitchell on YourTube. This is labelled as "SSIS 2016" but was recorded in 2011. That doesn't matter very much, I've watch Tim present before and it's always illuminating in some way.
- SSIS Best Practices on YouTube
- Demystifying $THIS, $_, $PSITEM, $$, $Whatever… with Jason Yoder on YouTube.
I realized that the 70-463 exam has been retired and that I should be targeting 70-767 exam. This is what happens when you let things lie fallow for to long.
There seems to be a dearth of SQL Server-specific open learning materials for data warehouse topics, so I bought the Microsoft Press book for 70-767 and I'll be going through that once before taking the exam. This will push me back a couple of weeks, but my knowledge will be more up-to-date.