Here are the online learning experiences for this past week, in no particular order:
- Monster Text Manipulation: Regular Expressions for the DBA with Sean McCown at SQL PASS Summit 2016. This might have been the clearest explanation of REGEX that I've ever encountered.
- Scalable Application Design with Service Broker With Allen White at SQL PASS Summit 2015
- DBA Mythbusters with Paul Randal at SQL PASS Summit 2015. Paul Randal is always worth listening to.
- Columnstore Indexes in SQL Server 2014: Flipping the DW Faster Bit with Jimmy May at SQL PASS Summit 2015
- Emotional Intelligence for Engineers with April Wensel at ngAtlanta, on YouTube.
- Application Patterns for Azure SQL Database with Tony Petrossian at SQL PASS Summit 2015
- Foundation Session: Developing Modern Applications on Azure with Asad Khan, John Macintyre, Pablo Castro, Shawn Bice, Tony Petrossian at SQL PASS 2015
- Install an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster and Availability Group with Ryan Adams at SQL PASS Summit 2015
- Dimensional Modeling Design Patterns: Beyond the Basics with Jason Horner at SQL PASS Summit 2016
- Listened to Query Store and Automatic Tuning in SQL 2017 with Erin Stellato on the RunAs Radio podcast
- SQL Server 2017 What's New on YouTube
- Cool New SSMS Features for DBAs on YouTube. SSMS has lots of things hidden away in it and, every now and then, someone points out something else that I didn't realize was there.
I can't provide direct links for the SQL PASS Summit videos because the SQL PASS site doesn't work that way. I apologize for the inconvenience.